Wednesday, February 06, 2008

How Obama convinced me to go with Hillary

So being the democrat in Texas it is important for me to decide who to vote for in the primary early so all the Republicans can tell me how wrong I am. It was a bit hard to make up my mind this year with two really good candidates running. But, I guess it was Obama who finally made up my mind for me. I was listening to one of his speeches and he started going on about how Hillary is a Clinton and do we want the bridge back to the 90's or some such rhetoric. Well, it got me thinking. I was pretty darn happy during the Clinton administration. The economy was in good shape, the government were actually paying down the national debt, not running it up. We weren't in a bunch of wars around the world. The price of gasoline was around $1.00 a gallon. I was making more money each year. The nation in general seemed to be in a pretty good mood. Well, except for the neo-cons, they were all grumpy and inspecting blue dresses for DNA. But the neo-cons are always pretty grumpy I think, must be in their nature. Anyway, so after my temporary transition back in time to the Clinton administration, the screen got all blurry and the harp music played and I came back to the present moment. It sucked. So I decided right then to help Hillary build that bridge that Obama was talking about. I am also looking forward to the mischef that Bill will get into as First Husband, maybe he can get the neo-cons busy inspecting dresses again, I think it kind of got them hot. And you know, even neo-cons deserve a little excitement now and then.

No comments: